Funeral Director Certificate
The following is a list of the course offerings for the Funeral Director Certificate. A total of 30 semester hours is required for graduation. Students desiring to transfer a part of the requirements from other colleges must contact the Registrar.
Please note that this program does not offer any Financial Aid.
FUNERAL SERVICE ARTS AND SCIENCES
- Funeral Service Science – 4 Credit Hours
- Introduction to Funeral Directing – 4 Credit Hours
- Funeral Service Management – 2 Credit Hours
- Law and Ethics – 4 Credit Hours
- Funeral Service Counseling – 3 Credit Hours
- Funeral Service Marketing – 2 Credit Hours
- Comprehensive Review – 1 Credit Hour
- Practicum – 1 Credit Hour
- Accounting – 3 Credit Hours
- English Comp I – 3 Credit Hours
- Psychology – 3 Credit Hours
The Funeral Director Certificate program is designed to meet specific state or professional needs. It is not accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education. Students graduating from this program are not eligible to take the National Board Examination or any state board examination for which graduation from an ABFSE accredited program is required.
Comprehensive Review and Examinations are normally taken the last semester of the academic program.